"You wanna fly? You gotta give up the shit that weighs you down"
Startups need to do two things:
- prove the value of your idea as fast as possible.
- make your cash last until you’re either able to secure more investment or, better still, cashflow positive.
So you need to cost-effectively connect your idea to a target audience that really values what you’re doing. Very few companies achieve those two objectives. How can you cut the risk?
You need advice identifying the pitfalls to avoid and cutting through to the essentials that will help you succeed. Chris has been involved with a number of startups, as investor, board member and advisor.
You will receive high level, flexible, strategic input wherever you need it. Of course you’re passionate about your start-up, you have to be, and you may even think the world will rush to your service or product as soon as you launch. This may happen but a more reliable approach is to have strong marketing discipline baked into your business from the outset.
Chris has seen dozens of business plans and, mysteriously, they all reach cashflow positivity around 18-24 months and offer a tasty exit between years 3 and 4.
It’s the quality of the assumptions behind the business plan that marks good plans out from the run-of-the-mill and this is where you’ll find the greatest value in our expertise.
- Identifying credible connections between ideas and potential markets
- Developing value propositions that connect your product or service with its most profitable customers
- Sense checking marketing assumptions in business plans
- Creating marketing input for business plans
- Modeling variables to test marketing hypotheses including pricing
- Competitor reviews and assessing sustainability of competitive advantage
- Business plan review and advice. We will review your business plan free of charge and provide you an overview on its strengths and weaknesses. It’s time to get your idea out there, get in touch!